
ok, so i went to the doctors today and had my routine ultrasound. the girls are growing so well! audrey is 3lb 13oz and hailey is 3lb 8oz! they are in the 66th and 55th percentile or something close to that! they looked great! audrey is breach and hailey is head first. they are keeing audrey as baby A and hailey as baby B, but hailey is actually in the position to come out first (which is the whole point of the A & B labeling system). however, they want to keep their lables because that is how they keep track of their medical histories.
after the ultrasound, i had my first non-stress test, which was going really well and the girls were moving like crazy and their heart beats were good. i thought we were in the clear, then the nurse told me i was having contractions and they would be sending me over to akron city for further testing.
funny thing is, this was the one day matt did not come with me! i had a weird feeling and told him he that i really wanted him to come. he brushed me off, and wished he was there! he had waited to mow the lawn until i thought i was in the clear in the non-stress test. well, when i found out, i couldnt get a hold of him. so, i texted our neighbor and asked him to please pry my husband off of the lawn mower because i am having contractions and have to go to the hospital. matt called me back and i assumed he was coming. about ten minutes later, i decided to make sure. here he didnt know what to do, so he just kept mowing the lawn! poor guy! now im afraid of what he will do when it is for real!
so, they were SWAMPED at the hospital and i had to wait a long time before getting placed in a really nice private room in labor and delivery rather than being in triage. they hooked me up and got contractions with their equiptment, too. it took like 2 or 3 hours for them to come and check my cervix (which was still closed) and i was 50% effaced. they also did a test that shows whether or not i am likely to go into labor within the next 7-10 days. it has a 1% inaccuracy rate. my test came out negative, which means i "should" be ok. so, they called my doctor and i was actually allowed to go home without any restrictions! it only took about 6 hours... and scared the crap out of my mom and a bunch of other people! everyone thought i was going to deliver the girls tonight!
so, here is the scoop, i asked the doctor and she said that until 34 weeks, they try to stop contractions that would lead to delivery. then, they will not let me go past 36 weeks (im pretty sure she said 36, not 38). so, that is our latest episode... let us hope that the girls stay in there for the next four weeks!
ps. the horrible picture of me was taken on May 11th...
